Highland Realty Capital is seeking an experienced commercial mortgage broker or capital advisor to secure assignments from sponsors to arrange debt and equity for commercial and multi-family property investments within an assigned territory. The ideal candidate will have an existing book of business that will benefit from Highland’s sophisticated debt and joint venture placement capabilities and exceptional relationships with institutional capital sources. This individual will be assigned to the East Bay and greater Sacramento markets, who is ideally already based in the East Bay. Office location is flexible. The role will be 100% commission based, however, Highland offers very competitive splits, uncapped earnings, and the assigned territory is nearly wide open for this new originator.
- Generates debt and/or equity financing opportunities from his or her knowledge of industry players, networking, cold calling, and attending trade shows;
- Self-starter willing to create, implement, and manage his or her own marketing plan;
- Attend networking events, meetings, conferences, site visits, and other work-related functions;
- Input data related to the capital markets and grow/refine Highland’s proprietary database;
- Prepare and/or oversee the creation of Excel underwriting pro-formas and Financing Memorandums for own pipeline, for distribution to potential lenders or investors; and
- Manage and oversee the due diligence/closing process of own pipeline.
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience in the commercial real estate or commercial lending industry with at least 2-5 years in a results-oriented production role, successfully achieving or exceeding revenue targets;
- Preference for candidates with an existing book of business;
- Self-motivated individual eager to solicit new business consistently via cold calls, meetings and networking events;
- Strong analytical skills; experience in Excel-based financial modeling is required;
- Strong writing skills; experience compiling investment or credit summaries;
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in real estate, finance, economics, business, or related discipline; and
- CA Real Estate Salespersons License required.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, and Outlook
- CRM (Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics)
- CoStar or Similar Research Database
- Capital Markets
- Financial Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job