BioMed Realty is looking for an experienced Senior Facilities Manager to be responsible for company assets in Seattle, WA. This position requires a strong focus on customer service and the ability to develop & maintain effective working relationships with regulatory agencies, vendors, contractors, tenants and employees to ensure fast, quality completion of a wide range of projects.
- Acting as the Team Lead & point of contact for third-party vendors and contractors on numerous projects at multiple properties throughout Seattle.
- Ensuring the completion of all maintenance work in accordance with established standards.
- Familiarity with safety regulations and building codes to ensure compliance throughout projects and at overall completion.
- Managing, operating, and reporting the financial status and capital expenditure activity of each property and all projects.
- Work in conjunction with the Development Team on tenant improvements, ground up & redevelopment projects from design through construction.
- Manage capital and expense budgets with The Property Management Team.
- Reviewing and approving maintenance, engineering and utility invoices for cost, allocation, account coding, amount & completion and construction work.
- Participating in the acquisition and due diligence process of properties and building systems.
- Help transition properties from development and construction to operating phase.
Skills / Experience
- BA/BS in Engineering
- Facilities management or related field required
- Certification in facilities management is a plus
- 10+ years of progressive facilities management - preferably in Life Science and/or Laboratory Facilities properties including start-up and commissioning of Life Science Laboratory and Manufacturing
- Proven experience with sustainability & energy conservation programs in commercial or institution buildings required - with LEED accreditation is desired
- Experience managing vivarium or animal facility preferred
- Experience through technical education and hands-on-experience in the following disciplines:
- HVAC design and engineering
- Electrical design and engineering
- Plumbing design and engineering
- Other building support systems (i.e., fire/life safety systems and security)
- Experience with managing 24/7 operations with both union and non-union engineering and maintenance staff is a plus
- Excellent leadership & managerial skills with a desire to train and supervise
- Computer literate including proficiency with Microsoft Suite, AutoCad and maintenance management systems
- Ability to read and understand building plans and specifications
- Knowledge and understanding of financial terms and principles relating to facilities management and real estate.
- Experience forecasting and preparing budgets and reports summarizing financial, operating & capital performance data.
- Organized, task and detail-oriented.
- Facilities Management
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job