Rialto Capital Management, LLC (“Rialto”) is a vertically integrated real estate investment management firm with over $5.0 billion AUM as of September 30, 2019, across various debt and equity funds, separate accounts and vehicles. The Investment Management Team is responsible for identifying, structuring and executing investments for Rialto sponsored investment vehicles. The Associate/Assistant Vice President will assist with the asset management strategy and execution for Rialto’s commercial property assets in the Western U.S., which currently includes a portfolio of over 2.7 million SF of office & mixed use in various stages of value-add / capital improvement. Additionally, the Associate/Assistant Vice President will assist the acquisition team with new investment opportunities, including direct equity investments, joint ventures, recapitalizations and select debt opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the business plan execution for a portfolio of assets located throughout the West Coast
- Manage third-party leasing and property management teams for assigned properties. Monitor performance of retained service providers and periodically benchmark performance against business plan and peer group assets in respective market areas. Recommend corrective measures as necessary.
- Assist with capital improvement strategies for assigned properties, including vendor selection and contract negotiation for major and/or critical path projects, oversight of on-site third-party vendor activities, review and approval of progress payment applications, preparation and submission of draw requests, and processing or partial and final-lien releases.
- Direct preparation of annual business plans, including annual leasing strategies, operating budgets, capital improvement budgets, and monetization strategies. Present recommendations to senior management with sufficient supporting materials to facilitate expedient and informed decision making. Ensure timely implementation and successful execution of approved plans.
- Periodic reporting as required by senior management, joint venture partners, lenders, and investor relations.
- Make strategic hold/sell recommendations and assist with asset disposition process.
- Model property and loan cash flows utilizing Excel and Argus to determine NPV and IRR of potential investments.
- Coordinate due diligence process on new acquisitions, including legal, financial, and physical reviews.
- Maintain current ARGUS models for Western Region assets and assist team with quarterly reports, and quarterly valuations.
- Underwrite and analyze potential acquisitions, equity recapitalizations, joint-venture equity and select debt investments.
- Build financial, valuation and sensitivity models for potential acquisitions of real estate assets and/or debt.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university, MBA or Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in institutional real estate asset management, acquisitions experience a plus.
- Relevant commercial real estate analytical experience (office, retail, multifamily and mixed-use) in acquisitions, asset/portfolio management and/or real estate finance.
- Advanced financial analysis, forecasting and modeling skills with the ability to translate analysis quickly into practical results.
- Knowledge base of key construction/development processes, concepts, and contracts.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing projects to ensure timely deliverables.
- Excellent communication & organization skills with the ability to present analyses and recommendations in verbal and/or written formats.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Argus.
This description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Rialto is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age (40+), disability, veteran status, genetic information (including family medical history), or any other legally protected status.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit: .
- Investment Management
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job