Broadview Real Estate Partners – Investments Associate / Sr. Associate
Broadview Real Estate Partners is a private equity fund manager focused on investing in and alongside experienced real estate operators and developers across multiple property types. Broadview seeks opportunistic returns through partnership with companies executing on value add acquisitions, development, and/or redevelopment opportunities. Broadview’s executives have been involved in over $10 billion of real estate investments across numerous sectors, markets, and transaction structures. Broadview’s office is located in Stamford, CT near the Metro-North stop and commute time from New York City is less than one hour.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Broadview is seeking a highly-motivated, professional, and detail-oriented individual to join its Investments team. The Investments Associate will underwrite and model transactions based on a deep understanding of industry dynamics in real estate asset classes and valuation methodologies within each sector.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Due diligence of transactions under consideration including communication with brokers, agents, and principals to complete research and validate underwriting assumptions.
- Prepare presentations and analysis for review by the investment committee.
- Construct financial and operating models as part of the underwriting process to determine key performance metrics such as IRRs, multiples, and return on cost.
- Perform due diligence on new platform investments including track record, historical and projected corporate financials, market/sector research, and portfolio/corporate projections.
- Develop the necessary information and analysis to support capital raising, budgeting, and investor reporting efforts.
- Prepare property valuation summaries.
- Participate in site tours.
- Perform ongoing monitoring of portfolio investments, including an active role in internal/external communication regarding properties and venture investments.
- Review platform and project-level investment financials, capital call requests, capital accounts, and coordinate with finance team on capital planning and reporting.
- Develop relationships with partners and industry participants.
As part of a small team, this position comes with opportunities for growth as the business evolves.
A minimum of 3 years of analytical experience in an investment bank, real estate private equity firm, or related business. Substantial experience modeling entity level, joint venture real estate transactions, or supporting M&A activity.
- Understanding of the macro and micro drivers of real estate values across sectors and their use in effectively underwriting transactions and monitoring portfolio investments.
- Conversant with key joint venture financial concepts such as promote waterfalls.
- Active experience conducting due diligence on potential transactions, determining risks and upside, and providing recommendations to team members.
- Ability to construct advanced financial and operating models as part of the underwriting process to determine key performance metrics.
- Ability to research, identify, qualify, and use data sources necessary for underwriting/modeling.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- High level of proficiency in Excel (including advanced modeling skills), Word, and PowerPoint is required.
- Positive attitude and desire to take ownership over responsibilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Market competitive salary and benefits as well as performance driven incentives.
- Investment Management
- Due Diligence
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job