We are seeking an Analyst to support the Special Servicing team of our client, a multi-$ billion New York City-based real estate high yield debt fund that focuses on opportunistic turnaround deals across asset classes and across the country.
In this role, you will join a small, lean team and provide analytical and qualitative asset ma assist senior team members with managing their default/distressed loan portfolios and operational level needs. You will gain exposure to all the various tasks of managing these loans and formulating business plans to modify/restructure loans or manage properties to optimize returns.
- Assist in the foreclosure process, including: analysis of proposals submitted for due diligence activities such as appraisals and environmental reports; work with legal counsel to ensure that proper notices are sent to all required parties; and document activities and correspondence.
- Provide support in the formulation of a “workout” strategy for defaulted loans, which require borrower/asset/market-level analyses, a dialogue with borrowers and legal counselors, and extensive financial modeling of various available alternatives/outcomes.
- Develop a mastery of loan documents and knowledge of lenders’ rights and remedies.
- Review and prepare recommendations for approval/denial of borrower requests for transfers of ownership, assumptions of debt, major leases and other miscellaneous requests for modifications, waivers and amendments.
- Participate in the RFP process for potential service providers.
- Balance other requirements from the firm’s various business lines.
- 1-3 years of experience in commercial real estate, preferably including experience with commercial real estate loan workouts, debt investment management, REO asset management, loan origination and/or underwriting
- Undergraduate degree in economics, finance, real estate, or related degree is required
- Familiarity with, and ability to interpret and understand, complex debt structures and cash flow waterfalls
- Must be able to work efficiently with minimum supervision, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks/demands and changing priorities under tight deadlines
- Creative problem solver with attention to detail, self-starter and entrepreneurial
- Strong writing ability; effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Technologically savvy; fluency in Excel and Argus is required
- Must possess the financial and quantitative acumen necessary to make well-reasoned, decisive recommendations to asset managers and management, as applicable
- Authorization to work in the United States
SitusAMC is the leading provider of consulting, outsourcing, talent and technology solutions, supporting institutional lenders and investors, across the life cycle of commercial and residential real estate debt and equity. The firm employs more than 3,300 employees with offices in 27 markets across the U.S., Europe and APAC.
SitusAMC brings together the industry’s top talent, unparalleled platform and innovative technologies to help clients optimize returns, identify risk, transform processes and infrastructure, and ultimately, realize opportunities in their businesses.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify
- Asset Management
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years