Position: Assistant Property Manager
Location: Chestnut Hill, MA
Category: Property Management
Who we are:
Bulfinch is a third-generation commercial real estate firm specializing in the acquisition, development, repositioning and management of properties. Our disciplined approach, entrepreneurial mindset, depth of experience and focus on meeting the needs of our tenants and partners have produced an enviable track record and roster of tenants and investors. We approach every real estate transaction with passion, ambition and dedication to superior service.
We are looking for a stellar Assistant Property Manager that embodies our core values to join our active and growing portfolio! This person will not only be actively involved with our tenants, they will also be a team player with various operational responsibilities within the team.
What you will do:
- Take the lead on tenant relations within the portfolio – responsibilities include, but are not limited to, understanding tenant lease terms and obligations, promoting, establishing and maintaining positive relationships with tenants, providing high quality customer service taking an active role in tenant retention, managing and following through on tenant work order requests, fielding tenant requests of various urgency levels and coordinating tenant events
- Perform important financial functions such as processing vendor invoices, aiding in the preparation of budgets, accruals, reforecast and reporting budget variances, and executing accurate and timely tenant billing
- Provide project and property management support to VP of Property Management and Field Operations Team by scheduling contractor work, communicating property and company protocols to vendors, expense tracking, and maintaining vendor COI’s to ensure compliance.
- Assist with the oversight and management of any capital or tenant improvement projects.
- Own administrative tasks, including but not limited to producing, modifying and /or distributing various contracts, spreadsheets, manuals, information packages, vendor and emergency contact lists and miscellaneous deliverables
- Assist with office administration such as ordering supplies, maintaining files, etc.
- All other projects as assigned
What you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of customer service and administrative experience in property and real estate management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience communicating with executives, stakeholders, clients and vendors preferred
- Problem solving mindset with strict attention to detail
- Balanced demeanor of professionalism and enthusiasm with a dynamic personality, strong interpersonal skills and a proactive attitude
- Ability to work independently while also being a team player, driven by excellence and looking to advance within the organization
- Must be a self-starter, self-disciplined, and highly organized.
- Must be able to physically visit and inspect all areas of the property.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with high proficiency in Excel and Word
- Must be computer savvy and have a familiarity with preventative maintenance and work order software programs; Yardi experience preferred
Bulfinch provides a team-oriented environment that promotes professional development within a supportive and friendly culture. We offer competitive salaries and benefit packages.
The Bulfinch Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer
Health, Dental and Vision coverage options
Short- and Long- Term Disability
401(K) plans with company matches
Competitive Time Off
10-12 paid holidays annually
Pre-tax commuter dollars
Pre-tax dependent care dollars
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.