What You Will Do:
- Directly manage large complex Commercial and Workplace projects
- Provide supervision of project teams and assist as necessary to ensure performance of quality, financial, and strategic goals
- Assist the Director of Quality Assurance by monitoring and reviewing the technical quality of documents produced in accordance with government and company standards, policies, and procedures
- Lead Commercial and Workplace contract negotiations and client relations
- Provide leadership which is motivational and inspirational to project teams
- Perform other duties as assigned or instructed
Market Strategic Planning
- Provide vision, strategic direction and thought leadership to advance the Washington DC studio for Commercial and Workplace Sector.
- Support the development of the annual office strategic plan.
- Represent LEO A DALY at conference activities and events.
- Lead and participate in firm wide market sector activities
Business Development & Client Relations:
- Execute, and maintain extensive contacts with key representatives of Commercial and Workplace networks to establish circles of influence to identify prospective opportunities and solicit support for business development
- Prospect and qualify leads
- Understand the commercial and workplace market, strategic goals and work towards the further development of the office business plan by building and growing both talent and projects.
- Develop win strategies
- Lead and provide guidance to the team in winning work
- Maintain frequent contact with clients to ensure any questions, concerns, or comments regarding the project are addressed in a prompt and professional manner.
- Prepare and deliver oral and written presentations on the design and production of projects; present and explain proposals, reports and findings to clients.
Leadership & Management:
- Establish and discuss project goals, objectives, design standards and procedures with project personnel and Market Sector Leader(s).
- Lead and manage the Commercial and Workplace projects team in the Washington D.C studio setting expectations, leading projects, assisting with project development and project execution
- Lead and be responsible for the budgets, financial and contractual requirements of projects
- Act as a mentor for the Commercial and Workplace team by taking an active role the development of department personnel Provide and collect information for various pre-design services such as: feasibility and environmental impact studies, site selection, and cost analysis.
- Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance in relation to zoning laws, fire regulations, building codes and other ordinances; convey applicable changes of local, state, and federal regulations and ordinances to project personnel.
- Schedule internal meetings with project personnel to ensure design specifications and construction schedules are being performed in conjunction with plans; ensure understanding of short and long-term facility and planning needs.
- Supervise and direct a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, pre-professionals and technicians, throughout the development and contract document phases of a project.
- Serve as a mentor for Project Team members.
- Review the performance and work quality of project personnel and provide feedback to the Director of Operations; recognizing outstanding contributions and provide constructive criticism for areas of improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university in Architecture; Master’s Degree or other advanced educations is a plus.
- Architectural license expected.
- Professional expertise demonstrated through at least 7 years of experience with mid to large scale projects in the commercial and workplace markets.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with project personnel, internal office staff, and Clients.
- Ability to lead others and bring about solidarity within a diverse group to meet a determined goal.
- Ability to bring energy to a task and inspire others to reach a common goal while performing to the best of their ability.
- Proficient computer skills with use of Microsoft Office applications; Revit software understanding desired.
- Effective time-management and organizational skills; ability to become involved in a number of projects and remain up-to-date on the various development stages.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Demonstrated skills for efficient and timely project planning, scheduling and budgeting.
- Working knowledge of fee proposals, negotiations, and contract/subcontract administration.
- Thorough working knowledge of current construction materials and methods.
- Demonstrated skills in business development.
- Architecture / Design
- Business Development
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.