Primary Responsibilities –
- Assists Property Managers with day-to-day activities
- Answers phone calls and Building Engines requests from tenants, informs the Property Manager about the issues and work to be done, and dispatches vendors with the Property Manager’s guidance.
- Maintains log concerning tenant complaints and roof leaks and saves in the Complaint Folder and prepares and analyzes Building Engines reports.
- Follows up to be sure that work is completed or that the complaint is resolved and that the cost is billed back if it is the tenant’s responsibility.
- Makes necessary calls or uses Building Engines to advise tenants about upcoming events such as paving of parking lots, capital improvements, etc.
- Schedules meetings for Property Manager.
- Monitors renewal dates for service contracts and assists Property Managers in the preparation of service contracts for landscaping and snow removal and verifies valid insurance is in place.
- Keeps logs and monitors testing for HVAC, RPZ, sprinkler, fire alarms, elevators, etc., even when the lease gives that responsibility to the tenant.
- Documents repair and maintenance budgets, tracks spending and provides updates for Accounting.
- Gathers information and enters data in the Tenant Move-Out Notice. Coordinates approvals, etc., then distributes it according to the procedure.
- Prepares and maintains the R&M Report.
- Maintains the Property Information in Building Books and Building Engines.
- When proposals are received, forwards them to the Property Manager or the Construction Coordinator with the budget/month budgeted.
- For repair and maintenance work over $5,000, prepares contract/Purchase Order and follows up to be sure it is signed by both the vendor and Simone Management.
- Reviews, codes and stamps all invoices related to Property Management work up to and including $2,000. Forwards invoices with the approved proposal to the Property Manager for approval and, after approval, forwards them to A/P. For invoices over $2,000, gets approval from the VP Property Management and Construction (and ownership if needed) before forwarding to A/P.
- Tracks R&M invoices related to the annual budget.
- Compares invoices related to service contracts to the service log to make sure the total price is accurate.
- Assists in resolving issues with the Property Management invoices not approved for payment by the Property Accountant – e.g., issues related to sales tax.
- Maintains a Master List of all utility meter numbers and insures that utility accounts are switched over to owner’s name at least 5 days prior to tenant vacating.
- Stamps, reviews and codes utility bills and forwards them to the Property Managers. After approval, forwards utility bills to A/P.
- Resolves issues related to any utility meters that are not being billed correctly.
- Responsible for tenant insurance
- Reviews new tenant insurance certificates for appropriate coverage and sends the COIs with the new tenant checklist to HUB.
- Monitors tenant insurance to be sure it is appropriate and up-to-date.
- Verifies the accuracy of the HUB reports and contacts tenants when HUB is unable to get the correct insurance.
- Accounts Receivable tasks
- On a monthly basis, identifies all past due tenants from Yardi, telephones those past due tenants and documents the results for the Property Managers.
- Maintains Landlord/Tenant Issues and Disputes Log by continuously updating and gathering information about tenants in legal process (from outside counsel and PMs) and updates reports.
- Provides outside counsel with all information needed for legal actions – e.g., tenant ledgers, obtains Default Notice signatures from owners, etc.
- Manages Incident Report process –
- Completes report for Property Managers when tenants call in an Incident Report.
- Assures that Incident Reports are completed and scans and sends reports to HUB with a copy to the Property Manager.
- Coordinates insurance claims, follows up for needed information, and schedules depositions.
- Maintains spreadsheet for claims – such as slip and fall matters – and records all summons.
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.