NorthMarq - Beverly Hills, CA
**Inquiries about this position, please contact Maria Sather (in Human Resources) at NorthMarq.
**All Candidates interested must apply online to be considered.
** Candidate must be available for immediate hire in 2020
NorthMarq Investment Sales is seeking an Analyst in their Beverly Hills office who is a highly skilled, talented, and driven individual, who also possesses a high level of intellectual creativity and creative thinking skills. The Analyst will be joining an active multifamily brokerage team to manage the analysis of properties and financial underwriting for all team assignments and exclusive engagements, while providing support to the production team on other key business initiatives.
The candidate must have prior experience within the commercial real estate industry, preferably multifamily investments, as they will obtain extensive exposure to multifamily assets, and land development opportunities for multifamily product, throughout California, covering both private and institutional capital sectors.
The analyst will collaborate with senior team members in preparation of Broker Opinions of Value (“BOV’s”) and Offering Memorandums, conduct submarket and property-level comparable research reports for all presentations and marketing materials, interface with property managers and owner-operators, in addition to the administration of the day-to-day operations for the team. As a result of the requirements of the position, the analyst must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work both independently and cohesively within a team environment. Additionally, the analyst must be willing to work extended hours when needed.
- Preparation of Brokers Opinions of Value
- Underwrite income-producing assets using Excel software.
- Analyze historical operating statements, budgets, leases and loan agreements, as well as current market conditions in order to determine financial underwriting assumptions.
- Review, analyze, comprehend, abstract and interpret various types of real estate documents.
- Identify critical property level financial issues and recommend areas for value-add opportunities.
- Gather and track critical financial data points for research and negotiation purposes.
- Create evaluations of properties and sensitivity analyses.
- Strategize with team members and clients to generate creative alternatives.
- Ability to present results of analyses in a formal client setting to audiences with a wide range of financial acumen.
- Strategize with team members and provide materials that allow the top producers to generate new relationships
- Direct communication with Capital Markets professionals, property managers, asset managers and principals to clarify inconsistencies found during the underwriting process and address other property specific issues.
- Four-year college degree. Major in Real Estate, finance, accounting, or business area preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relatable experience, financial analysis background is a requirement.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, take direction, and multi-task under tight deadlines
- Strong understanding of finance analytical skills, financial terms and principles necessary in real estate underwriting, including Discounted Cash Flow, IRR, NPV, Time Value of Money, Return on Equity, etc.
- Experience involving the valuation of income-producing properties is a plus.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret various types of real estate documents, including financial statements, loan documents, deed of trust, etc.
- Candidate must possess excellent writing skills – ability to effectively communicate and articulate thoughts in writing.
- Candidate must possess strong verbal communication skills – ability interact effectively and professionally with a wide variety of internal/external parties.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to manage multiple assignments with changing priorities.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign) and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel), experience in Salesforce a plus.
- Team player, strong work ethic and passion to work in the commercial real estate industry.
- Candidate may be required to provide work sample to show level of skill as it pertains to the role
- Intimate knowledge of Los Angeles’ submarkets and Real Estate trends are preferred
- Brokerage / Sales
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.