As a member of the property management group the Vice President, Property Management advises and implements corporate policies and procedures and works to achieve established business metrics and critical goals. A primary focus of this position is to ensure consistent execution of company policy, program compliance and promote outstanding customer service. The Vice President partners with and assists the Senior Vice President, Asset Management and Property Managers to meet the organizations vision statement, implement the core values and implement strategic plans, as well as ensure that assigned centers meet or exceed all financial goals and maximize their performance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work closely with SVP, Property Management/Asset Management on all property group issues ensuring program compliance.
- Serve as an engaged member of the leadership team that sets direction and strategy for the department, while providing regional oversight for all goals and initiatives.
- Support the corporate team to better align, educate and execute programs at all properties. Work closely with department leaders to understand their objectives, challenges and opportunities.
- Cultivate an atmosphere of respect and professionalism, in which team members celebrate collaboration and success. Model a solutions-based approach to overcoming challenges.
- Ensure participation and understanding of all department-wide training opportunities throughout the year. Facilitate additional training in conjunction with other company resources/experts to increase knowledge in key development areas, as needed.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to communicate goals and perspective to effectively mentor teams for the greater good. Acknowledge and celebrate innovation and successful programs within the organization.
- Clearly communicate expectations for key business development programs and help facilitate the rollout of these programs. Address issues in a positive, solutions-oriented method.
- Frequently visit properties and constructively interact with property management teams.
- Recruit and screen managerial candidates, involving other management team members in the process, and assist Property Managers with hiring process.
- Develop and mentor the members of the Property Management team.
- Conduct internal investigations related to Property Management as directed.
- Partner with Human Resources on employee relations issues to ensure consistent and fair management of all employees.
- Manage serious property-related issues at the corporate and property level.
- Provide ongoing consultation, assistance and participation where appropriate, with property management, leasing, marketing and development matters.
- Partner with the VP, Security and VP, Marketing to ensure that the property group provides an unparalleled level of service to our retailers and guests.
- Monitor the reporting management program for each assigned property on a regularly scheduled basis for evaluation of activity levels, report quality and performance compliance.
- All other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Degree from a four-year, accredited College or University in a related business field. Advanced professional real estate designation preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of property management experience required.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate which includes understanding to a high level of proficiency finance, leasing, marketing, tenant relations, and construction.
- Experience with a nationally recognized general contractor or retail developer is required.
- Proven leadership and management skills in dealing with complex projects and personnel situations.
- Proven leadership in property management, where applying information and insight has led to business impact.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Broad knowledge of all Human Resources functions and working collectively with other disciplines.
- All applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, including corresponding core job requirements, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities (and others in accordance with applicable law) to perform the essential functions of the job, consistent with applicable laws and Company policy.
- Property Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.