ANALYST – REAL ESTATE ACQUISITIONS
Time Equities, Inc. (“TEI”), a full-service real estate company, is seeking a very thorough, self-motivated, highly organized, experienced, and reliable analyst for the acquisition and asset management of industrial, multifamily, and office assets across the U.S.
The right candidate not only will have to be great with numbers but also possess strong speaking and writing skills. This position will work from our conveniently located NYC office.
- Manage internal asset management tracking systems
- Prepare financial models and analyses for new acquisition targets in Argus and Excel
- Prepare in-depth comparable sales and lease analysis
- Review and analyze commercial leases
- Review monthly and quarterly reports for portfolio assets
- Coordinate/conduct due-diligence activities for properties under contract
- Conduct thorough market/industry/sector research and data mining
- Assist in drafting investment and bid recommendation memorandums
- Weekly tracking of tenant payments and property cash flows
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the portfolio
- Monthly review of operating statements
- Assist in oversight of third party property managers and leasing agents for existing assets
- Assist in the preparation and approval process of property operating budgets
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of five-year capital budgets for each property
- Track performance of third party leasing brokers, managers, and projects
- Assist in monitoring leases and LOI’s being negotiated as well as offers
- Help prepare loan draws for disbursement of escrowed funds
- Bachelor’s Degree (major in Finance, Business, Economics or related field preferred)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a financial role in the commercial real estate sector
- Commercial asset management experience is preferred
- Candidate must have experience underwriting commercial properties using Argus and Excel
- Ability to source new real estate acquisitions through existing relationships and/or engaging in new relationship building
- Able to work independently, present recommendations, and interact with senior management and partners in the decision-making process
- Proficiency in Excel
- Critical thinker with exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
- Well organized with a strong work ethic
- Experience in Real Estate groups of corporate and investment banks, and corporate finance a plus
- Ability to construct multi-year budgets, valuation models, and portfolio models that aggregate assets are a plus
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Broad competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company-matched contributions
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including FSA, additional life insurance coverages
- Up to $3,500/year in tuition reimbursement for continuing education relevant to one’s job.
- Tax-free benefits for mass transit or parking expenses
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service, and more
- Opportunity to enroll in an internal mentorship program
- Opportunity to serve on various internal committees such as the Change Committee and Wellness Committee
- Health and wellness opportunities including discounted gym membership options with NYSC and Class Pass
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, and personal days
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 1966, Time Equities, Inc. (“TEI”) has been in the real estate investment, development, and asset and property management business for more than 50 years. TEI currently holds in its portfolio approximately 36 million square feet of residential, industrial, office, and retail property including about 5,000 multi-family apartment units, approximately 580,000 square feet in pending acquisitions, and 1.7 million square feet of various property types in stages of pre-development and development. With 327 properties across 33 states, 5 Canadian provinces, Anguilla, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, and Scotland, the TEI portfolio benefits from a diversity of property types, sizes, and markets. There are concentrations in the Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, and West Coast of the U.S., and new markets around the world are always being evaluated.
Time Equities, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
Come join a great company and start a rewarding career path in a booming industry!
If you are interested, please send a resume, salary expectations, and a short cover letter explaining specifically why you should be the one selected to the email address provided.
For more information, please visit our website at
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job