The Property Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of multiple and/or single-building commercial real estate properties. The Property Manager is accountable for all facets of performance and owner communication including but not limited to operations, financial, marketing and leasing (Single Point of Contact-SPOC).
Key Responsibilities/Job Functions
- Coordinates all management responsibilities with administrative staff, assistant property managers, other property managers, maintenance, leasing, and accounting.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates annual budgets for clients/owners.
- Directs leasing towards ownership objectives, drives results.
- Communicates regularly with tenants, clients, and internal staff.
- Work processing – oversees work orders, preventive maintenance work, capital work, invoice approval, project management, move-in and move-out coordination and communication, direct internal and third party to perform routine and preventive maintenance.
- Maintains and updates preventative maintenance logs and follows up accordingly.
- Prepares and approves lease language, lease proposal forms, lease documents, communication to tenant/leasing representative.
- Prepares monthly written report to include in month-end owner package put together in conjunction with accounting and leasing teams.
- Prepares ProCalc assessment and submits with each lease proposal.
- Manages all renewals in conjunction with client.
- Routes/authorizes all payments from client operating account. Follows up on all accounts receivable and payable.
- Responsible for meeting departmental and company objectives and timelines
- Utilizes a proactive approach when dealing with investment objectives – provide and communicate ideas and insights to drive bottom line profitability.
- Provides insight, advice, and routes clients appropriately to other service lines should the need arise: i.e. Brokerage, Sale-Leasebacks, Property Development, Energy Management and Sustainability, Valuation and Appraisal, etc.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of policy, procedures, and business practices to achieve complex results.
- All other tasks related to the assigned portfolio and company objectives.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferred)
- Two-Five years’ experience managing commercial real estate properties. (Preferred)
- Real Estate Salesperson License with State of Michigan (Preferred)
- Commercial designation (CPM, ARM, LEED AP, ACoM) (Preferred)
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite. (Required)
- Working knowledge of Yardi software (Preferred)
- Ability to solve problems, multitask and work with varying personalities.
- Superior customer service, communication, and follow-through skills.
- Strong work ethic and be committed to the tasks each day.
- Be present and work ahead of daily schedule for long-term success.
- Non-standard working hours may apply.
- Those activities associated with general office work including but not limited to sitting, walking, standing, talking, or hearing, for prolonged periods of time. Using hands to write, key, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Other activities include reaching, stooping, kneeling, crawling, crouching, pushing, pulling, and lifting.
Apply for this job