JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR of Marketing, Member of the Colliers Management Team
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Marketing Director (MD) will oversee the marketing and research departments and manage a staff of 4-6 employees for Colliers RDU and for Anthony Property Group, our affiliated investment and development company. The MD will collaborate with the President of the Brokerage Company and with the Management Team to promote the Colliers brand, develop and execute the strategic marketing and communications plan, establish and manage the marketing budget, develop and manage company-wide communications process, and perform other duties related to the company's marketing strategy for these two companies headquartered in Raleigh and operating across most of NC. The Marketing Director works closely with the brokerage department to prospect, sell, and service corporate and non-corporate client relationships. The Marketing Director will sit on the management team and contribute to decisions made on corporate strategy and overall operations of the company. Management Team meetings occur once per month.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
- Interface with the Colliers Corporate Marketing team and implement their goals locally. Communicate with peers across Colliers
- Develop and manage company’s marketing budget
- Provide marketing solutions for promotion of listings, agents and company
- Develop, implement and monitor ad schedule and campaigns
- Create and implement marketing materials and displays that communicate the Colliers International brand
- Manage the Colliers RDU presence on the Colliers website via Sitecore
- Oversee the marketing team’s preparation of Proposal Packages/New Business Presentations/Offerings and step in to assist as the project demands
- Assist President of Brokerage, COO, and CEO with development of presentations for meetings as necessary
- Order and maintain signage requests
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suite/ InDesign for graphic design and train staff to use it
- Oversee and develop marketing campaign development, planning & execution
- Maintain an active presence in the RDU business community for business development
- Maintain Advocate role for Colliers Hub and Colliers University. Attend Colliers Marketing Conferences regionally and nationally
- Provide marketing support for Property Management and AACRE Properties when needed
- Maintain Corporate Branding campaign to include all printed and non-printed materials
- Investigate and seek out various tools/software that will help to improve efficiency for the company and its employees
- Act as a “go-to” person for various IT needs and questions
- Assist the Research Director in the development of quarterly and additional market reports or white papers for Colliers
- Utilize Co-Star, LoopNet, tax databases, etc. to provide market information and reports to advisory staff
- Provide input on competitors’ sales and marketing efforts
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the market, market trends and demographics to keep a competitive edge with use of in-house tools
- Manage public relations for the company, including press releases and media inquiries.
- Actively manage multiple social media accounts including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Non-profit engagement and event management for the Companies
- Ensure the Maintenance of records of Listing Agreements and Property/Project marketing
- Ensure all paperwork is received and review extracts for all closed transactions; distribute to Accounting department for processing
- Administrator for Colliers Referrals, formerly Multi-City Assignments
- Coordinate company events
- Supervise and review the Marketing team members and manage their schedules, vacations, time off, sick days and workloads
- Manage and resolve team conflicts, and any interdepartmental conflicts that affect your team
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Knowledge of and experience in the real estate brokerage business, brokerage license is a plus
- Good Typing skills
- Advanced Computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, use of the Internet and general marketing software, especially Adobe Creative Suite / InDesign, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills & cheerful telephone and personal manner
- Must be able to prioritize work and meet strict deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills with focus on teamwork and customer service
- Strong attention to detail and accountability
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- We desire Bachelor’s Degree and/or four to six years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience, however we are NOT rigid about degrees. We are primarily interested in your values, character, and career track record.
Employee needs to have the ability to work independently and have a proactive approach toward implementing research procedures and systems. Must be able to organize individual workflow, as well as assist in the work flow of Supervisor upon request. High accuracy is required with generation of reports and correspondence, and compliance with company policies and procedures. The candidate will need the ability to work effectively in a high-pressure office with a professional, cheerful, and positive attitude, to adapt to sudden changes in workload and job requirements and to have problem-solving abilities. The candidate must be willing and able to set an example to all staff regarding work ethic, attitude, creativity and efficiency. The intensity of the nature of our work places tremendous strain on all team members. Managing the strain is part of your job.
Ability to read, write and effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to handle pressure and stress from multiple demands from folks that often become impatient people.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required: Notary Public and NC Broker’s License a plus. Memberships likely to be required at Company cost: Triangle Commercial Association of Realtors (TCAR), Triangle Commercial Real Estate Women (TCREW) if applicable, Urban Land Institute (ULI), Triangle Community Coalition (TCC), and others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to sit and to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel and crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Normal work hours are 8:30 to 5:30, five days per week. The position is exempt.
The work environment is incredibly exciting and stimulating. The pace can be electric and that should excite you. It is not for the faint of heart or low in energy. The intensity and characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and most of our workspace is generally open floorplan.
Revised: May 2018
- Project Management
- Research/Market Analysis
- Alternative Investments
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.