The San Diego Unified School District is seeking a Real Estate Office Supervisor to plan, supervise, oversee, and participate in professional real estate work This position supervises and directs the real estate staff in real estate transactions that include the purchase or lease of real property; acquisition due diligence, lease negotiations and lease document preparation and review; property disposition, preparation of licenses, permits, easements, rights of way, and vacations of streets and alleys; dealing with other governmental agencies regarding assessments and zoning; manages properties not in use by the District; conducts escrow and title processes; and supervises real estate staff.
Please note: The Board of Education approved a 14-day work furlough effective August 1, 2017. These days are scheduled as follows: 6 days during the Winter Break, 5 days during Spring Break, and 3 days during the week of Thanksgiving. Compensation has been adjusted to reflect the 14 furlough days.
- Supervise a variety of complex and technical real estate acquisition, disposition, eminent domain, and property management duties, including locating sites and recommending acquisition or lease of real property.
- Draft and/or review Bond Z, joint occupancy, joint use and real estate related documents contracts and agreements, including but not limited to: letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, use agreements. entry agreements, closed session memos, board reports, requests for proposals, and professional service agreements ensuring compliance with education code, pertinent local, state and federal guidelines, and Board of Education real estate objectives.
- Negotiate purchases, leases, rentals, sales, and relocation assistance.
- Oversee property appraisal process for acquisitions, dispositions, eminent domain and improvements.
- Supervise and obtain licenses, permits, easements, rights of way, and vacations of streets and alleys.
- Oversee implementation and maintenance of Real Estate database.
- Supervise management of District properties not in use; maintain property title, assessment, tax and related records.
- Oversee technical reports and records, including environmental project agency reports.
- Oversee and/or prepare correspondence, reports, and documents concerning real estate matters.
- Exercise general supervision over lower level technical and clerical personnel.
- Represent the District regarding real estate matters at meetings of city councils, zoning commissions, and other organizations.
- Participate in preparation of the annual budget for acquisitions in the Facilities Management Division.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Any combination of training, experience, and/or education equivalent to graduation from a recognized college or university with a major in business administration or real estate, and four years of recent progressively responsible, directly related experience of acceptable level and quality.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Possession of a valid California driver's license and availability of private transportation (mileage expense allowance provided). BOMA, Real Property Administrator or IREM, Certified Property Manager preferred.
To be eligible for consideration, interested candidates must submit the following documents by the application deadline:
- On-line Employment Application
- Response to the Supplemental Questionnaire
- Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
- To receive education credit, provide a copy of College Degree or Official Transcript
- A copy of BOMA, Real Property Administrator or IREM, Certified Property Manager certificate (if applicable)
The supplemental questions should be answered thoroughly, clearly and concisely as the responses provided (along with the entire application package) will be carefully reviewed to determine which candidates will move forward in the recruitment process. Please complete the online application to include all current and previous paid work history and education. Indicate on the application if you have unpaid volunteer or internship experience (unpaid work experience does not satisfy the minimum experience required to qualify for a position). The length of time you worked in each position or assignment must be clearly shown. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing the work history and education sections of the employment application.
Special Note: Qualified AASD members will be given Priority Consideration for this position by completing an on-line application. For questions regarding priority consideration, please contact Human Resources at (619) 725-8103.
- Investment Banking
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.