Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining partnership books in Yardi accounting software, including preparing journal entries.
- With each new acquisition, review partnership operating agreements and acquisition closing documents to ensure that initial general ledgers are set up correctly in Yardi.
- Review and interpret entity organizational structure charts.
- Consult with VP of Treasury and Real Estate Controller to tie out asset acquisition costs, investor contributions, and recommend transfers of partnership cash to deal level accounts.
- Upload and track investor commitments, contributions, and ownership percentages in Yardi.
- Prepare and update loan schedules for internal entity promissory notes.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and make appropriate adjusting entries.
- Work with Investor Relations team to post distribution batches when necessary to act as backup.
- Assist with reviewing books and records to provide to CPA firms and answering follow-up questions for year-end tax work.
- Work with IT department, Investor Relations, and Partnership Accounting team on Yardi software upgrade and process improvement initiatives.
- Regularly contribute to team goals to develop efficient processes utilizing technology and innovation.
- Support Director of Partnership Accounting with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or an equivalent discipline.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in public accounting and/or private industry. At least 1 year of public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication, good listening skills, and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to assimilate and summarize large quantities of data precisely and succinctly.
- Ability to balance time during busy annual reporting/ tax season.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Drive to help the team continuously improve through learning and innovation.
- Very strong Excel skills required (ex. v-lookups, pivots, etc.).
- Ability to learn Yardi accounting system. Previous experience with Yardi a plus.
- Beautiful downtown office building that offers amenities such as free, covered parking, a discounted on-site fitness facility, on-site dining, car washing service, dry cleaning pick-up and delivery, and outside green space with views of the Elizabeth River.
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes an extensive list of health & retirement options.
- An environment that supports learning & development, along with an education assistance program.
- Accounting / Control
- Investor Relations
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.