The Investment Associate will be involved in every stage of the investment process. The ideal candidate will help source, underwrite, and prepare investment memoranda across a wide range of commercial real estate sectors. The Associate will also contribute to sector research (multi-family, student housing, senior housing and industrial - amongst others) which will help define the firm’s investment strategy. He / she will report to the Head of Investment, and will support the training and development of future team members.
- Develop the firm’s pipeline across multiple sectors (via existing and new relationships).
- Critically evaluate financial models, re-building from scratch where necessary.
- Integrate thought leadership into financial forecasts, via an exceptional understanding of industry drivers.
- Prepare investment memoranda / reports for HQ in Mandarin.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Required Experience / Skills
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics or other real estate-related discipline.
- +2 years’ experience in commercial real estate, ideally with a working knowledge of major west coast cities.
- Exceptional underwriting skills, stress testing and adjusting developer assumptions.
- Ability to analyze return metrics and make cross-sector investment recommendations.
- Cultivate relationships with key partners (brokers, banks, contractors and developers).
- Ability to work independently, towards a shared team goal.
Founded in 1993, Longfor has grown to become one of the largest development firms in China. During this period, Longfor has expanded into property management, property investment and most recently multi-family apartments. The firm was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 2009, with a US$19bn market cap and investment grade credit rating from S&P and Moody’s.
The Group now has more than 20,000 employees, operating in 40 major cities throughout the Yangtze River Delta, Western China, the Pan Bohai Rim, South China and Central China. To date, Longfor has completed over 200 projects, totaling 830mn square foot of development.
In 2018, the Group’s turnover amounted to US$30bn (+28.5% year-on-year), with contracted sales of 133mn square foot of property. With a 12,500 acre land bank, the firm is well positioned for future. Through its business philosophy of “For You Forever”, Longfor has won the respect and trust of its shareholders, customers, business partners and other industry players with its quality products and services. The Group has won various awards including the “Top 10 Chinese Property Developer with Overall Strength”, and was listed among Forbes Global 500 Companies.
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job