We are seeking a Development Manager (DM) to join our San Francisco based team with the primary responsibility of interface on community outreach and engagement in support of the planning and entitlement of a large, mixed-use redevelopment project in San Francisco. The project presents a unique opportunity to develop an innovative vision for dense, infill housing surrounding an established retail property that would serve as a model for similar properties around the country as well as establish a framework that could be utilized for additional similar mixed-use development properties. This is an excellent opportunity working in a dynamic office on a unique, urban infill, mixed use project in a unique area of San Francisco and it merits finding someone with the commensurate vision, enthusiasm, experience and proven record of working collaboratively and creatively with community and public stakeholders. The DM will be directly responsible for working with internal and external project team to develop community outreach and public relations strategy for arc of entitlement timeframe and process. This will include preparing and evaluating neighborhood demographic information, synthesizing and analyzing a list of key influencers and stakeholders, preparing due diligence/community insight materials to inform the overall outreach strategy. Below are additional key responsibilities of the DM:
- Work with project team to lead development of community outreach and engagement strategy and play lead role in implementation and ongoing adjustment of strategy to achieve successful result.
- Continually work to build relationships with local partners with the goal of communicating our stories and future development benefits most effectively. Proactively represent the Stonestown Project in the community. The position will require after hours and weekend meetings on regular basis as needed to support the success of the effort.
- Continually research and maintain familiarity of the missions and programs of local CBO s, businesses and other stakeholders and glean opportunities for potential partnerships. Attend regular community meetings and be prepared to describe the project and the relevant timeline and dates for community participation.
- Develop and execute messaging for public presentations (in conjunction with Brookfield staff and consultants) and community education to help build awareness of project benefits in support of future City approvals. Ensure community attendance of outreach-related project events and meetings.
- Work closely with potential Stonestown partners to develop creative ideas for partnerships that help build support for the project and highlight the merits of the project.
- Assist in the idea generation, creation and production of community events that support the entitlement efforts. This activity will be managed in partnership with existing property management staff and community stakeholders. Maintain ongoing understanding of local community events; publish and maintain outward-facing advertisement or sharing of events, through biweekly/monthly newsletter, and through social media as appropriate.
- Coordinate and execute marketing activities, which may include publicizing medium- to large-scale events through various channels. Act as primary liaison to graphic design consultants with direction from team.
- Find, produce, and share stories of Stonestown programs, partnerships and events with various stakeholders, city officials and interested parties. These may be in the form of social media updates, videos, pop-up events, site tours, educational modules and or newsletters.
- Bachelor Degree in Humanities, Economic/Community Development, Urban Studies, Political Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in Community-based outreach in San Francisco, including understanding of neighborhood issues and deep familiarity with San Francisco development process
- Strong communication skills; personable and diplomatic in working with diverse constituencies and inspiring participation from partners, and community members
- Entrepreneurial problem-solver, with strong ability to follow-through
- Data-oriented and have strong ability to interpret and synthesize data, making recommendations to drive business decisions
- Fluency with a variety of social media tools and creative approaches to community engagement both online and on the ground
- High sense of urgency and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Great attention to detail and work well under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Competitive compensation, including eligibility for annual bonus
- Stellar medical, dental and vision health benefits
- 401(k) contributions and matching
- Generous vacation, sick and paid holiday time off
- Learning and development programs
- Opportunity for advancement in a growing organization
- Community service and sustainability initiatives
- Team gatherings and events
- A culture based on our values and that matters!
- Community Development
2+ to 5 years