Based in New York City, Shelter Rock Capital Advisors is a real estate private equity advisory firm focused on raising institutional capital for real estate funds and programmatic joint ventures. Our clients include both well established and emerging managers targeting a range of real estate related strategies in the U.S. and internationally.
Shelter Rock is seeking to hire a proven sales professional to further broaden its institutional investor coverage. Established relationships with institutional real estate investors west of the Mississippi is a plus. The location for this role is flexible. Series 7 and 63 required.
- Cover institutional investors allocating to real estate private equity;
- Articulate the breadth of the Shelter Rock’s products, including real estate private equity funds, co-investments, recapitalizations, separate accounts and direct investments;
- Create and follow up on leads and ensure closing of commitments through strong relationship-building, helping to structure terms and negotiate documentation;
- Think critically about the changing demands of institutional investors and how those changes may affect the firm’s future growth plans;
- Deep understanding of the alternative investment management industry including the current fundraising market, knowledge of terms, and limited partner concerns; and
- Current knowledge of real estate private equity strategies and firms, with a high degree of intellectual curiosity regarding the dynamics of the real estate and private capital advisory industries.
TECHNICAL SKILLS/PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Technical competency to represent Shelter Rock at the highest level, with the ability to understand and articulate complex real estate investment processes;
- Superior ability to multi-task while applying a fine-tuned attention to detail;
- Dynamic and engaging; the ability to speak with clarity, brevity and substance;
- Tenacity and self-starting attitude balanced with a commitment to teamwork and the success of the group as a whole;
- Authenticity and strength of character, with unquestionable integrity and the ability to effectively carry Shelter Rock’s culture;
- Soundness of judgement in all decisions;
- Entrepreneurial, creative and innovative; take initiative to seek new leads and responsibilities;
- Exhibiting a strong content-driven and solutions-based approach to internal and external relationships;
- Demonstrating a genuine and lasting interest in real estate and private capital advisory industries.
QUALIFICATIONS & PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- At a minimum, an undergraduate degree with excellent academic credentials; MBA, CFA/CAIA or other advanced degree a plus;
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience raising capital from institutional investors, with a clear and quantifiable track record of success;
- Working experience in private fund placement, real estate or real asset private equity, or private credit;
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Capital Markets
- Investment Banking
- Investor Relations
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.