When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you'll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As a Director with Hines, you will be responsible for managing multiple real estate development and/or redevelopment projects. You will also be responsible and accountable for project financial results and investment returns for Hines and its co-investors. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research potential land sites and coordinate with acquisition team
- Develop relationships with landowners, developers, civic and community groups and government agencies conducive to originating, supporting or processing new opportunities
- During pre-acquisition coordinate all underwriting aspects and build project proforma: market research, municipal fees, site constraints, development budget, development schedule, construction budget, construction schedule, operating budget, and financial assumptions
- Gain entitlements for development projects through governmental agencies, formulate strategies, and direct internal and external development teams as needed
- Perform all predevelopment activities including feasibility, design, layout and entitlement, permitting and due diligence. With senior management and consultant team determine and program the scope, quality and design of projects
- Work with senior management on the final development agreements and any easement agreements that need to be obtained
- Coordinate with the finance team on any loan requirements throughout the process
- Complete inspections and review legal documents related to property acquisitions including purchase agreements, title and survey, government agreements and closing exhibits
- Execute and fine tune business plan (process entitlements and position for joint venture or sale; process entitlement and perform vertical construction). Develop and refine plans, designs, cost estimates, permitting and project timelines during the pre-construction period
- Coordinate with construction team throughout predevelopment and into construction to verify a smooth project transition and ensure that all development agreements and assumptions are maintained. Verify construction costs throughout to minimize plan changes
- Facilitate correspondence between construction and design teams
- Coordinate with Property Management and Asset Management on operating budget assumptions, including rents and concessions, and lease-up schedule throughout the lease-up process to verify accuracy of the underwriting assumptions
- Conduct weekly coordination meetings between construction and Property Management to keep the project on track and address any issues that arise
- Update and track all proforma/budget changes throughout the project and maintain monthly updates to senior management from acquisition through project completion
- Responsible for maintaining and acquiring all documents for final project close-out, including keeping track of all outstanding letters of credit or bonds that needed to be posted
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Real Estate, Economics or Engineering from an accredited institution required; MBA in Business, Finance or Real Estate highly preferred
- Five or more years related real estate and sales experience
- Experience with the Seattle commercial real estate market strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 214 cities in 24 countries. Hines has approximately $120.6 billion of assets under management, including $66.5 billion for which Hines provides fiduciary investment management services, and $54.1 billion for which Hines provides third-party property-level services. The firm has 128 developments currently underway around the world. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired 1,348 properties, totaling over 444 million square feet. The firm's current property and asset management portfolio includes 512 properties, representing over 223 million square feet. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.