The Valuations Associate (VA) will be a critically integrated position in the MIM organization. The VA will support the Director of Valuations & Underwriting in preparing analyses for and making presentations to senior management and will have regular interaction with outside valuation vendors and MIM regional offices in the Real Estate and Agriculture investment sectors. The VA will play a key role within the Valuations & Underwriting function, supporting the engagement, review and approval processes for appraisals of both commercial real estate and agriculture investments. The VA will also support establishment of market values for MIM real estate equity holdings, benchmarking of valuation assumptions, summation of portfolio level valuation results, and resolution of complex valuation issues.
- Direct responsibility for management of process and the review of appraisals prepared in conjunction with commercial mortgage originations for select loans.
- Management of engagement, external review and approval processes for appraisals prepared in conjunction with agricultural mortgage originations.
- Assist in the review of quarterly valuations performed by external valuation consultants and MIM asset managers pertaining to a diverse portfolio of institutional office, apartments, hotel, retail and industrial assets in major U.S. markets.
- Support the Director of Valuations in provision of oversight and guidance to consultants, asset managers, and loan officers on complex valuations issues.
- Assist in the consolidation of valuation results by property type, sector and geography for trend analysis and benchmarking.
- Compare valuation assumptions to those used in prior valuations to determine key drivers of value change.
- Participate in quarterly presentation to senior management of valuation results, trends, anomalies, issues and the resolution thereof.
- Enhance Valuation platform and visibility in industry through participation at industry conferences and interaction with senior staff at prominent valuation and valuation management firms.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Strong real estate valuation and financial modeling skills in both Argus Enterprise and Excel are required
- Advanced analytical abilities and excellent demonstrated written and verbal communication skills are required
- Travel is required, from 5% to 15% of work time annually
- 3-7 years of relevant agricultural or commercial real estate valuation experience in an institutional setting
- Experience with FIRREA lending standards and agricultural property (farms, timber, etc.) a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, agriculture, economics, finance, accounting or a related discipline
- Master of Business Administration is strongly preferred
5% - 15%
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job