Perform financial analysis and transaction support for Capital Transactions and/or Asset Management as determined by departmental need. Assist senior Capital Transaction staff with market coverage for established markets or for new or small markets and submarkets. Assist Asset Managers with budget review, development of Asset Strategies and coordination of periodic valuations on assigned assets. May also perform transaction-closing responsibilities. At the Senior Analyst level, the incumbent has demonstrated the ability to successfully perform more complex assignments with less supervision. This position reports to the Investment Group providing support to Capital Transactions and Asset Management as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform accurate and complete net present value analysis for properties within the portfolio within established timeframes.
- Thoroughly analyze the impact of lease transactions to property value and yield within established timeframes.
- Thoroughly analyze the impact of capital projects to property value and yield within established timeframes.
- Accurately and thoroughly review assigned sections of the monthly MAP report to ensure assumptions and forecast are consistent with the investment strategy for the asset within established timeframes, ensuring timely deliverables for property distributions and contributions.
- Accurately and completely update property valuations and investment strategies as required within established timeframes.
- Develop and produce accurate and complete required reporting to lenders, partners, and Shorenstein senior management within established timeframes.
- With Capital Transactions, accurately and thoroughly complete transition-related tasks including but not limited to developing budgets, reviewing leases, reviewing offering memorandum, responding to lenders to resolve underwriting questions, reviewing loan documents, and running models to show budget implications within established timeframes.
- Assist in the review of the annual operating budget to confirm consistency with property strategies.
- Participate in special projects as assigned completing high quality deliverables within established timeframes.
- Working with Property Management, coordinate and oversee the preparation of lender draw requests and present to Asset Manager for approval.
- Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers by:
- Building positive relationships with customers.
- Taking initiative to identify customer needs and provide service that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Communicating effectively in person as well as via telephone and email.
- Resolving difficult situations through the use of effective problem-solving skills.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- General knowledge of commercial and multifamily real estate valuation as evidenced by a minimum of 1 year of experience in a related function.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Argus Enterprise financial modeling software program.
- Demonstrated ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of assets using financial modeling techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, to collect data, to establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Demonstrated ability to interpret a variety of information including information in technical and/ or mathematical form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret a variety of information including information in technical and/ or mathematical form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Demonstrated ability to read, to analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Demonstrated ability to provide analyses supported by numbers and facts.
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas, instructions and information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively share information to keep others informed both within and outside the department using appropriate communication methods.
- Demonstrated ability to express opinions and feedback in a clear and constructive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with other departments to ensure a high quality work product.
- Demonstrated ability to choose among alternatives when completing work. Work is periodically reviewed by management at key intervals for advice/guidance prior to completion.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Finance or related field from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum 1 year experience in real estate valuation.
- Asset Management
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Services
- Financial Analysis
1+ to 2 years