Alterra Property Group (Alterra) is seeking an Acquisitions Analyst/Associate to provide a full complement of support to the firm’s acquisition activities. Reporting to the VP of Acquisitions, you'll work closely with the Partners and the Acquisitions and Development team and play a key role in financing and acquiring a range of multifamily properties in the Mid-Atlantic area and industrial properties nationally. The successful candidate will be highly organized, extremely detail oriented, self-motivated, an effective communicator as well as demonstrate the ability to respond to changing workloads and priorities.
- Perform financial analysis of potential acquisitions.
- Support the VP of Acquisitions and the company’s Partners through underwriting, loan requests and packaging, due diligence and closing.
- Conduct due diligence, incorporating local market data, third-party property reports, local tax rates and policies, zoning designations, and new supply data into the analysis.
- Build sensitivity analyses to demonstrate the upside potential and downside risk of specific factors on a deal.
- Model joint venture cash flows with various promote structures.
- Draft investment memorandums highlighting the risk/return profile of each deal and presenting financial metrics including net operating income, cash flow, and IRR.
- Research market data/demographics including interface with brokers to obtain comparable lease and sales information.
- Assist with development opportunities including market analysis, budget creation, project scope, and return on investment modeling.
- Reviewing and track due diligence items, review third party reports, and prepare memorandum related to due diligence.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in real estate, finance, business or accounting
- 2-4 years' experience as an analyst or underwriter for a real estate or financial services company
- Experience in multifamily and industrial real estate is preferred
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Excel and Argus
- Proficient in other Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- High level of technological competence, and the ability to pick up on new software quickly
- Analytical thinker with the proven ability to understand a complex situation and build a financial model to calculate the impact of various drivers/variables
- Strong written skills, with the ability to communicate both high-level and detailed aspects of an acquisition in clear, concise language
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills with an analytical mindset and proven ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, working on several different projects at once
- Ability to synthesize and prioritize information and adapt to change quickly
- Experienced working with all levels internally and externally, build and maintain relationships
- High level of presentation skills
Alterra is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job