ACKMAN-ZIFF REAL ESTATE GROUP
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Ackman-Ziff Real Estate Group (“AZ”) is seeking to hire a Chief Operating Officer (“COO”). The COO will partner with the President and senior management to establish the company’s short term and long term strategies aimed at maximizing revenue and net income while maintaining its unique corporate culture. The COO will directly oversee and manage all company operations, procedures, controls for the New York headquarters as well as satellite offices located in Miami, Boston, and Los Angeles. The position will report to the President of AZ. The position is based in the company’s headquarters in New York City, New York.
Ackman-Ziff Real Estate Group is the industry’s preeminent boutique real estate capital advisory firm. Ackman-Ziff Real Estate Group offers a wide variety of cutting-edge commercial real estate capital markets financing solutions, including debt and mezzanine financing, preferred and joint venture equity, sponsor equity, and investment sales. In business for over 90 years, the privately held company is headquartered in New York City with offices in Miami, Los Angeles, and Boston.
- The Chief Operating Officer will play a significant role in the business by designing and executing strategies and business plans to generate efficiencies within the company, and implement and upkeep companywide policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Manage companywide recruitment efforts at all levels (from senior originators down to analysts and support staff) - includes resume review, interviewing of candidates, attendance at university career fairs, negotiating employment terms, etc.
- Mentor, guide, train, coach, and motivate the origination team to perform at their full potential.
- The business units that will report to the COO will include the following: Marketing, Analysts, and Administration.
- Execute AZ’s business plan. Oversee the day-to-day business operations of the company.
- Promote the adoption and implementation of the firm’s mission and core values throughout the company’s operations.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience working within a real estate advisory or lending environment.
- Direct knowledge of and experience with the management of real estate advisory or other real estate operating companies.
- Proven success in setting and achieving corporate objectives, with the demonstrated work ethic, competitiveness and tenacity required to achieve top performance.
- Demonstrated career history of continued growth and success in roles of increased complexity and responsibility.
- Able to persevere through difficult challenges and setbacks.
- Thrives in a small, cohesive and hands-on work environment.
- Excellent listening skills. Open-minded to different ideas and perspectives.
- Highly transparent and ethical, placing a high value on both personal and firm integrity.
- High energy; results oriented.
- Performs best when engaging with others in a highly collaborative environment and committed to being part of an integrated team.
- Intellectually curious, creative and a broad-based thinker.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal and the ability to structure and disseminate complex information in a range of appropriate styles/formats.
- Proven leadership and general management skills, willing to take responsibility and be accountable for results.
- Excellent educational credentials.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- FSA/Dependent Care
- General Management and C-Suite
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.