The Company is a vertically integrated private real estate company with expertise in investment management, property management, development, design, construction, leasing and finance. The Company’s core growth strategy is focused on New York City and the surrounding Tri-State area – a magnet for talent both in the U.S. and across the globe. The Company’s portfolio of approximately 25 million square feet of commercial properties and 6,300 multi-family and for sale units in various stages of development include Manhattan signature buildings and luxury developments.
The Company’s team, over 500 people strong, is proven across all facets of real estate, place-making, customer experiences, and building community. The Company is proud to be a leader in creating high quality-of-life communities across the New York metropolitan region.
Key tenets of The Company’s core philosophy are tenant satisfaction and retention as well as portfolio value maximization and retention by fostering two-way communication channels, implementing clearly understood life safety programs, and responding to tenant requests in a timely and effective manner.
The Senior Property Manager will oversee a 2.3 million square foot NYC premier landmark, Class A commercial property which is the home to many global leaders in fashion, design, the arts, media and technology.
The Senior Property Manager is responsible for helping to achieve the highest levels of tenant satisfaction and retention by fostering two-way communication channels, implementing clearly understood life safety programs, and responding to tenant requests in a timely and effective manner.
The Senior Property Manager maximizes portfolio value by maintaining the property, budgets and operational expenses while working with the broader team to identify and implement capital improvements.
• Ensure all aspects of the asset have the technology and connectivity to be effective and productive
• Review and approve all proposals and invoices related to building operations
• Create and receive approvals for capital improvement work
• Evaluate, solicit and implement Service Contracts
• In conjunction with departmental leaders, coordinate budget process including meeting all deadlines (internal and external), attending review meetings, and soliciting feedback from all groups to finalize budgets
• Create operating expense budgets for approval
• Work with Asset Management and Senior Management to analyze and compare monthly and annual variance reports and escalation income and capital expenditures
• Responsible for all staffing, supervision and employee evaluations for the staff assigned to you at the Property
• Analyze staffing levels and workload, provide recommendations and request changes in accordance with Company policy and procedure if necessary, and ensure the right people are always in the right seat
• Responsible for directing and managing the on-site team via both direct (“solid line”) and indirect (“dotted line”) reports depending on experience level, and responsible for collaborating with the Company's vertically integrated offsite teams (Senior Management, Asset Management, Marketing, Leasing, Construction, etc.)
• Looks to find solutions to problems that are advantageous for both sides, sharing the outcome with colleagues
• Takes time to ensure all stakeholders are given a say in matters that affect them and uses their opinions to develop a mutually beneficial consensus
• Builds strong relationships across the organization and finds opportunities to ensure colleagues achieve their goals
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of Building Operations/Management experience in a New York City Class A Office Buildings
- Working knowledge and experience with AVID, Angus and Kardin preferred
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Must have understanding of accounting procedures and financial reports
- Personal Characteristics:
- Be creative, energetic and passionate, driven by the desire to achieve a world-class standard of performance and exceptional customer experience.
- Be an intelligent risk taker, someone who challenges the status quo, operates across boundaries and seeks win-win outcomes.
- Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and the confidence and conviction to live and uphold the values of The Company.
- Be decisive and balanced in decision making; balancing strategic vs. tactical and risk vs. cost vs. speed to arrive at pragmatic and sustainable solutions.
- Span boundaries to draw into the best possible insight, experience and technology capability from current and potential partner organizations.
- Be disciplined in execution; retaining tight governance over multiple dimensions of performance; ensuring commitments are understood and met.
- Be a leader, innovator and role model to portray The Company as a great place to work for all team members
- Property Management