Invesco is one of the world s leading global investment managers, entrusted with managing $1.2 trillion* in assets on behalf of clients worldwide. We are the 6th largest US retail asset manager and the 13th largest investment manager globally, and our more than 8,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. We are purely focused on managing a comprehensive range of active, passive and alternative investment capabilities, which we draw on to provide customized solutions aligned to client needs, our most important benchmark. (*As of May 31,2019)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
Acting as a client advocate, the Sr. Product Manager for Invesco s Listed Real Assets business is responsible for positioning a set of list real asset strategies, researching product/competitive trends, and driving product management initiatives. Strategies may include listed real estate securities, global infrastructure, MLPs or gold & special minerals, in multiple vehicles and separate accounts distributed globally and across retail and institutional channels. The Sr. Product Manager needs to be proficient at articulating each respective strategy s investment process, portfolio positioning and rationale for specific holdings within the portfolio. This individual works closely with the portfolio managers and acts as a liaison between the portfolio management team and both internal and external constituents on product-specific matters. In addition to providing product support, communications, and investable ideas to our Sales teams and clients, this may include working in the field with Invesco s distribution channels as a complement to the CPMs for listed Real Assets strategies, or for the purpose of ensuring the Sr. Product Manager can stay attuned to how their respective strategies are perceived and utilized by clients. The individual also acts as a business manager for their strategies liaising with legal, compliance, marketing and other departments to help with content and other potential issues. This role is also expected to have a working knowledge of the P&L position for each of their respective strategies. Key to success in this role is demonstrating the ability to think outside of the box regarding marketing alternative products, and to be nimble and re-focus quickly as business needs evolve.
Because the Sr. Product Manager acts as an extension of the portfolio management team, this individual must have a strong understanding of the markets and be perceived as a credible investor from both a fundamental analysis and macro-economic perspective. They must be viewed as a subject matter expert on investment and product issues pertaining to their strategies.
The result is a multi-faceted, dynamic, and challenging role that demands highly developed skills and creativity in communications, relationship building, business acumen, and analytics, as well as being a passionate student of our industry, products, competition, and the capital markets. We hire highly engaged, confident individuals who are persistently curious, will not settle for average, and continually strive to improve themselves, their work, and their environment.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
The Sr. Product Manager will be responsible for coverage of a set of Invesco s listed real assets strategies across geographic markets and retail and institutional channels:
Product & Investments Expertise
- Work closely with the team s portfolio managers and CPMs to become deeply knowledgeable of each product. The Sr. Product Manager must have an intimate knowledge of the investment philosophy and process of each investment product supported.
- This would include a detailed understanding of current investment themes such as:
- Being represented within the portfolio, knowledge of all portfolio holdings, risk attributes of the strategy, past and current positioning of the portfolio, near-term outlook for the strategy and performance attribution.
- Represent investment teams to internal/external clients. Effectively articulate investment processes and performance, and communicate the portfolio management team s outlook and investment perspectives.
- Know the competitive landscape/peer group; stay current on market trends and competitive developments in all relevant distribution channels. Be able to clearly articulate what differentiates our products from the competition
- Act as client advocate and general manager with the business units, ensuring products are delivering outcomes that match client expectations.
- This may include liaising with the legal, compliance, accounting and trading functions on matters relating to the Real Estate strategies including the on-boarding of new business from an investment-team perspective.
- Develop and implement business plans to drive organic growth, profitability and asset retention. Recommend actions needed to improve our competitive positioning, enhance investment processes and optimize pricing.
- Partner with Product Development for new product or product rationalization initiatives.
Distribution & Marketing Support
- In partnership with the Client Portfolio Managers and investment team, develop a message for clients and prospects re: the investment capabilities of the team s various strategies.
- This includes playing a prominent role in creating and reviewing marketing and meeting materials, and providing regular communications, analysis and insights to our Sales team for use with clients.
- Assist in the servicing of existing relationships, particularly institutional accounts and platform placements
- Develop and implement effective product marketing initiatives designed to build sales momentum and/or defend a critical investment franchise.
- Support distribution with training, large conferences, meeting support.
- Manage the ongoing internal and external experience for our products and work with Marketing to support fund specific content. Provide expertise and content to support e-distribution site.
- Assist Sales with custom proposals for significant business opportunities and participate in client calls/meetings as needed.
- Liaise with the firm s various marketing and RFP teams to ensure all data and responses regarding a given product are accurate and appropriate.
- Assist with quarterly investment commentaries and regulatory commentary content.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- 7 10 years of related experience in financial services. Preference for a real estate or equity background.
- Technical skills, including strong investment acumen, understanding of financial markets and economics, proficiency with Bloomberg, Microsoft Office, Morningstar and other software products
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a focus on continuous improvement, willingness to take risks, embrace and lead change, determination to find creative solutions to problems. Strong work ethic and drive to succeed.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good people and influence management skills
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in business or related discipline
- MBA/CFA preferred
- Series 7 and 63 required
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.