Dallas-based, privately held commercial real estate development and investment management company with exceptional performance specializing in value-add and opportunistic real estate investments. With an entrepreneurial spirit and proven 30 year track record across several market cycles. We have steadily built up a portfolio of 13 million square feet of industrial and office properties and 3,700 multifamily units located nationally.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for maintaining the appearance and safety of assigned properties, and equipment, as well as maintaining communication with tenants, vendors, property management, and municipal employees.
The activities listed here are not all-inclusive; rather, they indicate the types of activities normally performed by this position. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following core competencies:
• Oversee daily property maintenance operations and capital improvements on a portfolio of industrial, flex and office buildings
• Conduct quarterly inspections of buildings and grounds and maintain inspection files
• Manage current and create new vendor relationships; ensure vendor certificate of insurance compliance and maintain vendor files
• Implement, bid and manage property service contracts, including but not limited to roof maintenance, HVAC, dock doors, janitorial, building maintenance services, security, landscaping, towing, service technicians, general and sub-contractors, etc.; conduct visual inspections of completed work for quality assurance
• Develop and maintain building specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals and ensure compliance
• Ensure optimal functioning of building systems (HVAC, fire/life safety equipment, plumbing, electrical, etc.), including investigating all security related issues; employ an incident reporting system
• Monitor utility consumption and recommend retrofits for cost savings
• Provide metric reporting and benchmarking of best practices to Senior Management
• Provide recommendations to Asset Management for all restoration and construction work; develop scope, initiate bid process and award of contract
• Participate in construction in progress reviews and provide updates
• Assist with the development of operating budgets and make recommendations for capital budgets and 10-year capital plan
• Review and manage ROE scope
• Assist with monthly accruals, financial reporting of variances and executive summaries
• Implement and administer inventory control programs/purchase supplies for vacancy marketing materials
• Manage special projects
• Provide liaison interaction with city and state agencies
• Provide recommendations to Property Manager and Asset Manager for better efficiencies
• Act as legal liaison for tenant evictions, restoration negotiations, etc.
• Conduct inspections of buildings and grounds (including leased space) on a regular basis in accordance with company standards.
• Any and all duties as assigned by the Senior Property Manager.
• BA/BS in Project Management, Facilities Management, Engineering or closely related field required
• 4-6 years of demonstrated building operations/ project management experience
• Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of building systems
• Experience in a fast-paced multi-faceted property investor environment preferred
• Experience in all aspects of building operations matrix reporting; understanding of all building trades
• Building Operators or Facilities Manager (BOC or CFM) designation preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, Project and AutoCAD with competence to read blue prints
- Portfolio Management
5+ to 7 years